Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Truth Hurts

If you were like me, then your bigmouth gets you into plenty of trouble.

Emily Dickinson once said:Truth is such a rare thing, it is delighted to tell it.
Obviously she didn't know what she was talking about.

Somethings I say are out of place, others are labelled: inappropriate. (But all is true). I'm not talking about views and opinions. I'm talking about things you see but never talk about, like weird scars or big moles, (metaphorically).

Right now my defense is Winter.
But after many incidents, it got me thinking: I need James Earl Jones or Don LaFontaine (the movie announcer guy) in my head.

So when a female ask me how that purple shirt looks, I wouldn't say fat. Or if an ignorant Professor talks about Kuwait, being a Dictatorship in an example, I wouldn't manage to let my grade go down to a C by coughing: "BULLSHIT" in the middle of lecture. I seriously need James Earl Jones to help stop me from letting my big mouth get me into trouble.

His job would be easy. Just before I utter something weird or out of place, he goes: WRONG!

Henri-Frederic Amiel Said: Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence.

I used to believe in it. But for now, I'll just shut up.

5 comments:

Mrs. said...

SADEGNY! I KNOW WHAT UR TALKING ABT! Today in class 7 young men were giving a presentation, as they ended, I had a question regarding their presentation. NONE of my other classmates wanted to ask them any questions as to not cause them any embarrasment if they didnt know the answer. I on the other hand SERIOUSLY wanted to know WHY the ILC was declining for MARKS and SPENCERS. So I asked them. I couldnt help myself. I got seven KILLING stares!
I knew I had 7 new enemies now. Ya3ni loo sakta chan mawahagt'hum 3ala el jawab. They all froze ma7ad 3araf ejawebni. I later found out that they werent the ones who did the Presentation. They knew NOTHING of what they were talking about. And I decreased their grade by asking them a question that they knew nothing about.
Yes I hate my big mouth.
Yes they hated my big mouth too.

Naser said...

perfect stranger,
Gal3at`hom. If they weren't decent enough to make their own presentation they deserve no points aslan. Ana akid wat3ab o0 hathail yakhthon shahayid`hom 3ala afa ghair`hom? :P

Mrs. said...

coolfreak: Thats Kuwaiti's for you ;P Mo min 7alati, sa3at I do the same, bs most of the time a7terem nafseey :P

Anonymous said...

i feel you. sometimes i blurt things out without thinking, and it always gets me into shit i could seriously do without

then again *fee 9ara7a, oo fee waqa7a*, and its a fine line between the two

Naser said...

perfect stranger,
When you do, atleast read over it. :P

extinct dodo,
My main problem is when asked I answer. :/

Powered By Blogger