Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sameera & I

One of my friend's is about to be blessed with a child, he was discussing with me names he wanted to call his future son: Laith, Haytham, Lo2ay or Sameer. 6ab3an elasami "alla bel khair".

What caught his attention was me laughing when he said: Sameer. Offcoarse, to my misfortune, Sameer happens to be both his brother and his grandfather. So he wanted an explanation..

The following events took place during 1998 or 1999:

To this day, I never can help but snicker when I hear the name "Sameer" and/or "Sameera".
Perhaps it's by reason of some of my childhood memories. Fa6oo6a and/or Majalat Sameer.

Back in the "Pre Low Weist Era A.K.A. ayam eljahiliya. I used to wear pants that went all the way up to my nipples, but that's not the subject. I remember I had an old raggedy Siemens phone, (I've always been an Anti Nokia Enthusiast). Let's not get into unnessecary details. I've received a phone call from Sameera's Friend (SF for short):

RING RING

Me: Aloo.

SF: Aloo.

Me: Na3am?

SF: Momkin akalim Sameera?

Me: Nemra ghala6.

CLICK (mo ela tgool asfa 3al ez3aj).

After two weeks, I've received another phone call:

RING RING

Me: Aloo.

SF: Momkin akalim Sameera?

Me: (trying to be a smart ass) Weyach.

SF: Meno?

Me: Ana Sameera, khair?

SF: SAMEERA, SAMEERA!

Me: La, ana Sameera wa7da bss.

CLICK (Ham no Phone Etiquette).

After few days, I think SF estanisat 3ala elwath3.

RING RING

Me: Hala?

SF: Momkin akalim Sameera?

Me: 9abrich ya roo7, inty lel7en mo mestaw3iba ini mo Sameera?

CLICK (This time it was on like donkey kong!)

I went to our Dewaneya. I explained everything to my friends. I asked to call that number and ask for Sameera. At that time I was but a young misguided teenager. Lets not forget to mention that I also had a bad case of: Napoleon Complex, Not to mention my on going cases of both OCD & ADD.

For a whole week, everyone I knew back then called SF. Cellphones, home phones, baqala phones. Even the pay phone elee kan 3ind jam3iyat el-Shamiya!

After I gave her a taste of her own medicine, I called two weeks later.

RING RING

SF: Alo.

Me: SALAM!

SF: Hala, meno?

Me: Ana Sameera, fee a7ad eti9al 3alay?

SF: Laughs

CLICK

3 comments:

antihero said...

ah.. sweet teen years when life revolves around nothing in particular. I miss that

i always wonder why do everyone else get phone calls from such nemayen when I get wrong numbers calling me, hnood o 93ayda o 3agad.. its disturbing to wake up in the middle of the night to "baba.. ana hares mal villa..."

concerning the name Sameer... I refer you to 3bdel7sain's play "30 yoom 7ub" in which S3d Elfaraj plays a father named Sameer.. and 3bdel7sain continously ridicules this name

Naser said...

Why do you think I rem. that phone call? It was one of two I've ever had by accident. Maybe there were 1000's more but I've the habit of not answering my phone, nor carrying it for that matter. I should definately take a look at "30 yoom 7ub". Thanks.

Anonymous said...

"SF" Sameeras Friend?

ur too kind, i'd say "Some Fuck".

Powered By Blogger