Thursday, November 23, 2006

Emergency Evacuation

Last Friday I was at the movie theatre. All of a sudden, fire alarms went off. Our town's theatre is a humble eight screen building. As I was getting ready to withdraw I imagined hell would break loose. I tend to think of many people as being, somewhat, dramatic especially Americans. Then again, I'm the mellow type. So as I crossed my aisle I imagined people running over each other some would scream, others stomping each other & probably even few looters here and there.

To my surprise, people were unruffled & calm. Every occupant in the building moved towards the nearest exit in an orderly manner. It took the whole packed movie theatre to be evacuated within 2 minutes. That was enough time for two fire trucks, two ambulances & six police cars to appear.



Fortunately, there were no losses. A movie reel simply caught fire. Sucks for the viewers at that time, but hey, shit happens & thats a fact.

The situation had me thinking, WHAT IF:

What if, hypothetically speaking & God forbid, there was a fire in a building in Kuwait?

How would people react?
How soon would 300 - 400 people evacuate the same building?
How promptly would the Law Enforcements, Fire Department & Ambulance get to the scene?

* Last accident I had in Kuwait was in the 5th Ring Road, near Salmiya, It took the PO almost an hour to show up. (ma3thoren kanat 7azat ghada).

Final Thoughts

* When, God forbid, you think you'd soon be in an accident or there was a vague possibility of you being a victim of the circumstance in Kuwait; Make sure you call prior to it. Try to schedule a rendezvous (if you will), see when they're free and try your best to delay your misfortune for when it's appropriate for our Men in Beige, The Few, The Proud, The KWPD.

OFF TOPIC

* It's Turkey Day today. I refuse to call it Thanks Giving, only because I'm not quite sure what are they thanking for exactly?

Is it for killing a bunch of Apaches and stealing their land?
Or for landing on Plymouth after departing from Plymouth?

+

What type of thanks is it?

Is it the: Thank you chump kinda deal?
or I'm sorry I killed your people and stole your land but thanks anyway?

Anyways, my concern is that everything is closed (apparently everyone is a bit too thankful), and I'm hungry as hell (and its only 2:00 PM).

1 comment:

felicityq8 said...

hehehhehe,,,

what !!!

i should laugh,,, well i must laugh

mn 9jk wallah.....

i dunno know , if u were in kwt when usa attacked iraq .... wallah ppl went mad, whenever they heard the alarm ....

every one said ''allahom nfsy''

they scream, cry , run away ,,

and those who were driving, are another story,....

but as u said before,,, ''' donot let me start talkig about ....'''


like ur topic,,, :)

keep it up dear

Powered By Blogger