Sunday, November 12, 2006

Embassy of Kuwait

Recently, a month back, I've been going through a major obstacle in my academic life.

Being a foreign student in the United States, I seeked refuge via various means.

At first I tried Friends and Student Union (ya36ehom el3afya), on my behalf they contacted the Embassy of Kuwait in the United States. Which from now on I will freely call The Embarrassment of Kuwait in the United States.

They answered calls for 3 days, then they quit receiving any. They provided no help what so ever.

One of the characters that I shall work hard to sully his name is: Mr. Nabeel Al Dakheel, 1st Secretary of the embassy.

Instead of fullfilling his position: (Which I think part of it is to manage and assure the well being & safety of "Kuwaiti" citizens in the states) Correct me if I was wrong. He, on the other hand, managed to make me feel worse by not giving a shit, also without knowing the nature of my problem claimed it was my mistake & that i should deal with it. (6b 7alil ma3ashik!!).

I shalln't go any further in details. In the mean while I shall simply enjoy my time & try to re-collect my thoughts for a much bigger story with proof & evidence of the inefficiency of: The Embarrassment of Kuwait in the United States.

5 comments:

Delicately Realistic said...

The Embarrassment of Kuwait in the United States

LOOOOOL ur sooo right!
Anyway, if i were u i wouldnt let it stop there. Write a strong worded written complaint. It usually works.

Unknown said...

Oooh I like your blog:)

Will be back.

PS> I agree with DR

forzaq8 said...

so the guy working there would be
Embarrasor of kuwait ?

nice idea :)

Naser said...

delicately realistic:
I am working on that complaint. Hope they accept mail though, after all it was easy for them to hang up when i called.

miyafushi:
thanks

howahkan:
They didn't not answer, matter of fact worse, they did and once they knew who was calling they strategically put him on the H process. Hold.. HANG UP.

forzaq8
No the guy isn't an embarrasor, almost the whole system was.

q8bound said...

Coolfreak, I will have to agree with you for I experienced a similar situation a couple of years back. My fiance, a Kuwaiti who was attending school here in the states, found himself in a horrible situation. I ended up calling the Consulate with the Embassy of the State of Kuwait that weekend for I thought that would be the proper channel to get the help that my fiance needed. I think he thought I was just some crazy female American that did not know what I was talking about! Throughout the entire situation, we got half-hearted cooperation from the Embassy. Most of the time we were told lies and given the run-around. Not sure what their job actually is here, but it does not seem to fit the description that I thought it to be! I helped him far more than the Embassy ever did! As much as I do not always agree with the politics here in the states, I hope that if I ever had a similar situation while being overseas, that my Embassy would help me out if I needed it.

Powered By Blogger